Pins and needles sensation in hands, stiffness, weight gain, fluctuating temperature. Causes for symptoms?

I get pins and needles in both hands loss of strenght and stiffness in both hands i have picked up 6 kg of which i think is water as my diet has not changed to warrant a oick up in weight which also all appears to be around my middle ( waist area) my hands also go cold from time to time in fact my whole body is up and and down with temprature changes i have been refered to a doctor with suspect carpel tunnel syndrom can this cause all thes syptems ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013