Pins and needles pain on the left side of the body. MRI showing white patches in the brain. Treatment?

Hi. Last year I started having pins and needles mainly on my left side of body. Had MRI , showed white patches on brain but no sign of ms! My gp and consultant were not concerned with white patches on brain. Symptoms seem to have subsided and are now only occasionally! Today I have had numbness and tingling in left side of face and around eye area more so, gradually as day has gone on, have experienced numb feeling in mouth, with metallic taste and feeling of swelling on bottom lip.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013