Pins and needles pain in foot after surgery for broken fibula. What could be causing this?

I broke my fibula 1/19 and had cast,etc....then 3.5 mos later I had MRI (still alot of pain and had my PCP order it) was discovered I needed a plate and 5 screws. Had that surgery 2 weeks ago. Ever since I have awful pins & needles pain in top of foot . Has NOT let up at all and wakes me at nite. What could be causing this? Do you think they cut a nerve during surgery? Will it go away? Let me also add that I only saw a physicians asst until I had the the doctor is handling. ...I still don t feel warm and fuzzy about all this
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012