Pins and needles in limbs, headache, blood test showed low vitamin B12, iron and sugar. Any idea?

Hi! I have a 15 years old girl who had pins and needles in her hands and feet(along with numbness/pain) for a week when this passed the skin on her hands and feet peeled off. Also she has had a lot of bad headaches since this started approx four weeks ago. We brought her to our GP who sent bloods off - the results showed low B12 & Iron - also, low sugar. Doctor has requested a further blood test , fasting this time, to recheck sugar. Daughter is taking OTC supplements for B12 & Iron for past two weeks. I am very worried about my daughter as the headaches seem very bad and she is showing (in the past two days) a total lack of energy. I wondered if you could give me an idea what this may be as it will be about a week before results are back and our doctor seems quite blase about it. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  60 Awaiting Answer