Pins and needles feeling after injecting methamphetamines. Cause?

A few of my friends often experience what they describe as a pins & needles feeling after injecting methamphetamines. All have heard some reason from someone or somewhere along the way as what causes this & why. I myself have experienced similar feeling while in my shooting addiction but never really sought the true reason behind it. Can you shed some light or impart some knowledge on this topic & potentially what it s cause is due to??
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013