Pinky toe pain, bug bite, pigmented, dark colored. What is wrong?

My right pinky toe started to hurt about 5 days ago.....feels like a bug bite or sliver when I touch it but it is swollen and no mark indicating either of the above happened. About 4 days ago it was mentioned to me about my calf on my Right leg. It is pigmented a darker color, with my normal color. In 2007 I had a bone infection due to a complex fracture from a car accident. I have my Right ankle fused and had my last surgery on it last August due to another bone infection. Should I be worried or is this normal? I will be 35 in a few days.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013