Pink, squishy growth in inner thigh. What is it? Suffered from MRSA in past, cured with antibiotics

Hello. My boyfriend has developed a bright pink, squishy growth on his inner thigh. We went to a doctor and based on the fact that my boyfriend has suffered with MRSA in the past, multiple times, the doctor prescribed him antibiotics and pain pills. At first, we too believed it was MRSA because it resembled it a lot. But now, my boyfriend says he doesn't believe it is MRSA because it doesn't look, or feel like MRSA. I am very concerned and he keeps putting off visiting the doctor again. If you could please give me your medical opinion on this. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013