Pink dry spots on chest, back. Having sore throat, puss pockets. Suspecting Pityriasis rosea. Opinion?

Hi, I have red/pink dry spots on the front of my upper body and my back. They do not itch . I went from having two to about ten in about 3 days. I have also been having a sore throat , I had puss pockets... thinking it was strep , but I tested negative when I went to the doctor. The doctor said that the spots were possibly pityriasis rosea . I was just wondering what your thoughts were and if there is anything I could do about it? I ve never had anything like it before in my life, and I m just curious as to why it would start now? I am a 21 year old female, if that is information you need.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013