Pink discharge, itching, uncomfortability, cravings. Taken new birth control. Connected?

Lately I have been on a new birth control , however, as of last week I have light pink when I wipe, dry discharge in my underwear and also some itching and uncomfortability. I have also felt as if I m having cravings and solid weight. Do any of these have any links? Could they just be the hormone from the birth control? Or a bacterial infection
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
May 2013
Oral contraceptive pills can cause side effects like intermenstrual spotting, brownish discharge etc.
Nausea, bloating sensation etc can also be experienced with these pills.
If you are having any associated symptoms like vaginal discharge etc, better to get examined to find out pelvic infection.
If there are no signs of infection and the symptoms are due to pills only, you can go for symptomatic treatment.
Possibly the symptoms will subside soon.
If the brown discharge persists, you can go for additional dose of hormones for few days.
This will help in decreasing the spotting.
If the problems increase you can change the contraceptive method with your doctor's advice.