Pinhole cut in outer ear, bleeds leading to fainting. What could it be ?

My boyfriend has what looks like a pinhole cut in his outer ear . Its impossible to see until it starts bleeding . When it starts bleedinf it bleeds alot almost to the point where he faints. And then it stops. The bleeding occurs randomly like once a week. It just happened last nite in his sleep. We cant aee any damage to the ear at all the only thing we can see is that the blood is coming from a pinhole shaped cut. What could this POSSIBLY be!?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012