Pinching on sciatica nerve post long hours of sitting, minor concussion, stinging at the back of head. Nerve problem in back?

Hi, I fell snowboarding a few years ago and bruised my tailbone. I also sometimes suffered from a pinched sciatica nerve from my long hours at a desk job, and also had a minor concussion from bumping the back of my head. This all was compounded by beginning to use a memory foam bed. I no longer have a desk job, I changed my mattress to a typical spring mattress, and have seen a chiropractor several times (did not have much of a result from a physical therapist). The chiropractor has adjusted me several times and I notice i don t feel as much pain in my lower back for a few weeks after the adjustment. However, I do still get stinging pain in the back of my head. This has been going on since around the time of the minor concussion (which was soon after my tailbone injury). I m wondering if this is related to nerve problems in my back? When I lay a certain way i feel the stinging or when I sit for long periods of time. I don t feel the pain walking around or standing. Should I be consulting perhaps an orthopedic doctor rather than a chiropractor?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012