Pinched nerve, pain in neck and shoulder area, bulging discs, arthritis, degenerative disc disease. Had a pain shot. Done MRI. Help?

I had an MRI done; my neurosurgeon told me I had chronic stenosis which was causing a pinched nerve in my C5-6 or C6-7 area (not sure). I went through 6 weeks of PT with no help, had a nerve study done which showed a sever pinched nerve and then proceeded to meet with a pain management physician for an epidural injection of which I have had 1 spinal injection to relieve the pressure in the neck and shoulder areas. When I went for a consult for the injections, the physician indicated I had 4 bulging discs - didn't mention the stenosis (which I was told was the same arthritis??). I went and picked up a copy of my MRI report yesterday. While the report shows bulging discs at C2-C3; C3-4; C4-5 and C6-C7 as the pain management physican indiciated, the "Impression" part of the report states: Mild multilevel degenerative disc disease with mild indentation of the ventral cord at C5-6. No evidence for significant spinal canal stenosis. Very mild left foraminal narrowing at C2-3. My concern is that there isn't stenosis/arthritis to warrant surgery and I was recommended that immediately before trying the injections. Can you please explain the Impression part of the MRI report and do I or do I not have arthritis in my neck?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013