Pinched nerve in spinal canal, toes painful. Unable to sit long. Undergone knee replacement, disc removal. Remedy?

I AM 51 YROLD FEMALE ALMOST 5MONTHS AGO I HAD A TOTAL KNEE RELACEMENT, I HAD A L4 L5 DISC REMOVAL DONE ABOUT 10YRS AGO I HAVE DX WITH DDD AND SPINAL STENIOS ABOUT 2YRS AGO DR SAYS I NOW HAVE A P[INCHED NERVE IN SPINALCANAL MY 3 BIG TOES ON BOTH FEET ARE VERY PAINFUL AND MY KNEE WAS DOING BETTER AND IN PAST MONTH I FEEL LIKE ITS REGRESSED ITS VERY PAINFUL ALONG WITH MY THIGH GROIN AND BOTH FEET NEURO DR SENT METO PHYSICAL THERAPY I HAVE A JOB WHERE I SIT ALL DAY LONG DR ASKED IF I CANWORK PART TIMESAIDSITTING IS VERY BAD
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this debilitating pains that you have. No one wants to wake up everyday thinking of such pains. I can tell your nights are of no good values as you hardly get any sleep. Hope together we find possible solutions to this.

If the nerve is trapped, then doing all it takes t liberate is is a very important step. If these fail, then we can resort to effective pain management strategies and physical therapy alongside lifestyle modifications to address this. Also, these are measures which can be initiated while exploring options to get the problem corrected surgically. Talk to your doctor and let him/her adapt your pain medications to address the severity of your pains.

Sitting can worsen your pain symptoms but to be honest you need too work in order to take care of yourself. Striking a a balance between both is the best way forward as they just be taken care of. However, in serious crisis, try to cut back on the amount of time you spend sitting to relief some pains. Also, try to make the work seat as comfortable as possible to minimize aggravating or provoking the pains.

I hope this helps and I wish you well.
All the bestof health.
Dr. Ditah, MD