Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Your description suggests that you have lumbar disc disease
that is causing you the symptoms.
The initial management of this condition is by conservative methods as follows -
- Use analgesics like advil or aleve and muscle relaxants to relieve pain and muscle spasm, as needed. Vitamin B12
supplements & Pregabalin
may be helpful in controlling the neuropathic pain
- Use a lumbosacral back support to stabilize your spine
- Intermittent pelvic traction (under the supervision of a physiotherapist) might be helpful to cause a regression of the protruded disc
- Change your daily activities so that you avoid movements that can cause further pain, especially bending forward and lifting. Avoid lifting heavy weights
- Usually 1-2 days of bed rest will calm severe back pain
If your fail to improve with the above measures, an Epidural steroid injection may provide good symptom relief for a few months.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day