Pin prick sensation on knee cap when bending or straightening leg. Related to wearing heels?

Occasionally when I bend or straighten my leg, I feel a very brief and slight but god-awful pin prick sensation just medial to my right knee cap, and more superficial than deep. It s doing it almost every time I bend or straighten my leg today so I have been going to great lengths to avoid that very nasty feeling. I do have heels on and wonder it if is related. Just trying to get an idea of potential causes. Thanks for any info!
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012