Pin prick feeling in feet. Have stiffness and sensitivity in feet

Hello and thank you for taking my question. Here it is: In both feet , I get the feeling of a sharp pain, almost like a pin prick in the area on the top of my foot; I know this is not normal; should I be very concerned about this? For some background, about three weeks ago, I started fit walking for exercise. I would walk for about an hour to an hour and a half at a good clip. I would walk for two days then rest on the third. After the second week of exercise, I started to feel a real sharp pain on the lower leg muscle(s) that are beside the calf and run the entire length of my tibia , on the outside face of my lower leg. This pain was so sharp that it prevented me from pushing off in a regular walking motion. I stopped to rest for one week now. Just walking around the house, I have no muscle pain but I do have some stiffness and sensitivity (pain) when I walk in the area between the ball of my foot and heel. Thank you very much for your help. Kind regards- Roland
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013