Pimples on back and chest. Are they ingrown hair? Due to puberty?

I have recently had a lot of pimples in my back and chest area. I went to the beach, and soaked the area in salt water, and then scrubbed it with the sand. I got sun burned and everything started peeling, all the scars, skin, and everything and now I only have a little on my back but still a lot on my chest area(including shoulder area). I also have these dark spots, pimples, lumps , and red bumps in my crotch area. I believe the lumps are just ingrown hairs, as I shave and I think the dark spots are just scars of some sort of the ingrown hairs. I just want to know what is wrong, what I can do, how to prevent them, and other any information you can provide me. I am a 14 year old male going through puberty and I also play a lot of sports if that helps.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012