Pimples like bug bites, taken meth. Want professional opinion

My friends son has been getting these wierd red pimple lookin things n they turn kinda brownish just a dark color n they won t go away with anything and the doctors assures its just bug bites but he s had bug bites b4 n they don t look like these n they go away a lot quicker so she found out that a few family members had bin doing meth and I ve been doing research but not really any answers just similar situations and opinions now I m not sure about the allegations I just really want a professional opinion and what she shud do in case these bumps are to come back please n thank u
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012

Since more than one family members are having the same problem, so there is a strong possibility of it being insect bit or vector dermatitis. Even scabies needs to be rules out.
In both of these conditions, there is development of red lesions which can occur in many people of the same family.
I would advise you to clean the beddings once and see if the development of new lesion still persist and consult a dermatologist for proper assessment and treatment.

Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
MD (Dermatology)