Pimples, applied toothpaste, appears all burnt. Prescribed Flutibact to lighten dark spots. Is it helpful ?

Hi , I had pimples a few days back, and I tried curing them early. i applied toothpaste one night on them and slept. I read on forums it was an effective remedy. To my surprise I woke up and washed my face to see it all burnt. Those spots I applied toothpaste have become big and brown almost. I visited a dermatologist , but he prescribed a cream Flutibact . i don t know if this will lighten those dark spots though. i am not using any skin lighening cream as well. Could you please tell if flutibact is good for this usage and how effective it is in cleaning marks. how long will it take to get back to my normal skin now. Please help. . :(
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012