Pimple like bumps on ear and face, popped them out, painful. What should be done now?

Hello, my question is about a recurring pimple-type of bump on my ear. I looked up the names of the parts of the outer ear to better describe the area where they come up, and it s in the fold of the trangular fossa . I get one on each ear, and they will appear or vanish at the same time. If I press on the bumps, I get a (local) pain. Sometimes I did scratch them unconsciously, and maybe they popped on their own as well, causing a crust. Any idea what this is, and how I get it to stop? Aside of the pain, I find it gross... It has been going on for a while now, maybe 2 years, on and off. Thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013