Pimple getting larger in size at the back of the neck. Cyst or lymph node?

HI have a lump smaller than a dime though I can feel it deeper and a bit larger under the skin (still smaller than a dime). It does not move around much when trying to figure out how larger. Thought is was a pimple (started 3-4 days ago and quickly became large - it is now just under a quarter of an inch though this is no head to pop and after piercing with a sterile pin there is no liquid. It is not a gland or lymph node (that I know of) Thinking cysts? It is located approximately on the left side of the back of the neck collar line of a dress shirt. Take 2 showers a day.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013