Pimple behind ear popped. What are the hard bumps there now?

I had what I thought was a pimple behind my left ear ( top area). It popped a few days later and now is red. Today I noticed that I have 2 hard bumps behind the same ear but are on the bone. They hurt to the touch and do not move around. The only reason I noticed them was when I was brushing my hair. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Dear sir/ Mam,
By the symptoms that you are telling me it looks like a furuncle ( infection of a hair root ). Since it has already ruptured , the pain you are having might have reduced but still you will require to take a round of antibiotics with analgesics to prevent it from spreading and controlling the pain. The other hard lumps that u feel now are the inflamed lymph nodes behind your ear. They will settle down after the antibiotics. Also keeping the area clean will help. Hope this has helped you.