Pilonidal cyst on tailbone ruptured and pus came out. Used triple-antibiotic gel. Any suggestion?

Hello. My husband has a pilonidal cyst on his tailbone, which ruptured last night on it s own. He now has a hole where the pus and other gross-stuff came out; the hole is slightly smaller than a dime and looks clear of any debris (its just a dark, slightly bloody looking hole). I was curious as to what we should do now, at home? Today, he has continued putting triple-antibiotic gel on the abscess , but was unable to bandage it due to the location. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Feb 2013