Pillar cyst removed from head, stitches due to large wound, not on antibiotics. Should I used anti-bacterial ointment?

Yesterday, I had a new doctor try to remove a pilar cyst on the top of my head. He put a small hole in the cyst, then sqeezed out what he could get. The wound was larger than what he anticipated, and he put in two stitches. He told me to just leave it alone, and come back in one week to get the stitches taken out. I am not taking an antibiotic , and wonder if I should use bedadine and/or an antibacterial ointment on the wound each day. My doctor told me I could use an antibacterial ointment, but it would just make a mess. Can you please give me your opinion, as I do not want to get an infection. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013