Piles patient, not sure if external or internal piles. Can such a patient drink alcohol?

hi myself XXXXX and i think i have got some symptoms of piles. i dnt know is this external piles or i am taking complete care or myself and all these things which increase it.. i want to know should a piles patient drink beer once or twice in a week or once in a month in a limited amount??? and what are the best effective precautions.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Hello Arun, thanks for your query.
Symptoms of piles are passage of fresh blood in stool and it is usually painless. External piles are sometimes felt as rubbery tag that often comes out of the anal opening. For piles you need stool softeners and fibres - isabgol . Have lots of fruits and vegetables and lots of water. And yes avoid alcohol, although occasional intake is harmless.
Wish you good health. Take care.