Pigmented purpuric dermatitis on lower legs, itching. Taking Prednisone. Other steps to take?

I have been diagnosed with Pigmented Purpuric Dermatitus, Doucas and Kapetanakis type after a biopsy of a rash I had for several weeks on my lower legs that comes and goes but has frequent itching. They have started me on Predinsone for 21 days, I am in week 2 with limited changes. Are there any other steps I should take in terms of food, exercise (to do or avoid) any suggestion on typical duration? I am a 44 year old male with no other health complications. Also, I do airline travel frequently, is that an issue?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012