Pigmentation problem on lips, gradually spreading scar. Cure ?

hi i have a pigmentation problem on my lips , its really worrying me. Basically a small line has formed on it and it now looks like a small scar but i know its not because its been spreading its started off very small and has gradually spread for about a year and a half and another smaller line has started next to it and is also gradually spreading.they are both getting larger over time and are barely noticeable right now but i notice them everyday. i just came from a dermatologist and he told me its nothing and that its normal but i know its not. they are both wih in color as well. please help me...
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there. If you just camne back from a dermatologist & he reassured you it was nothing, then being a colleague i would go with it. However, since you still are stressed with the issue, i would suggest going across to a laser/cosmetologist & dealing with it. Perhaps in the interim, you could consider using a camoflauge/concealer from any good cosmetic shop in a mall who i am sure will be only to hapy to help you match the colours! Cheers. Should you require to contact me in person with photos & details, please do use the 'ask-a-doctor' feature & request for me & will be happy to help further! Cheers & Good luck
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist & COSMETOLOGIST, vIKRAM hOSPITAL, bANGALORE, iNDIA