Pigmentation problem after colon surgery. Reduced with medication. Suggested melrio, not available. Any alternative?

Hi dr,I am 66years old. I ve always had a very clear skin with no pimples . Recently underwent a colon surgery in2012 May. recently I ve developed pigmentation on my face. My cheeks upper lip and chin has turned black. I met a dermatologist . He gave a sunban cream to be applied thrice a day and a night cream melalite. after applying for a month pigmentation has reduced. He changed the night cream and suggested that i should use melrio , which is not available. right track? please help.what should I do? a Am I on the
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013