Pierced my web. Have swelling, unable to remove the ring. Does using cutter cause tetanus?

hi. im 13 and i pierced my web ( the skin that attaches your toung to the bottom of your mouth) the bar i used was too small because of the swelling and its becoming imbedded. i cant unscrew the balls at the end and i need to get it off. my parents dont know i have it so i cant go to the docters or a piercing shop and im not going to tell them. im going to try and use wire cutters to get it off. the wire cutters i found were out side. im not scared about cutting the jewlery off but i dont want to get tetness from any rust on the wire cutters.. theres no sign of rust but is it possible theres some on them? if there is will it be bad for me?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
Do not use any type of tool yourself. You would be at risk if causing infection and/or causing injury. Go to the emergency department.
Dr K A Pottinger,