Piece of plant pierced in skin, finger swollen and hurting around the joint. Is it caused infection?

I was gardening yesterday, I had a piece of a plant i was struggling with pierce the skin on my pinky finger and i think i pulled it all out, there was no open wound to see at all. I also was working quite hard swinging a shovel to cut some roots. later my finger is swollen and hurting around the joint . it hurts to bend it down only. could this be an infection, or is it most likely just jammed, or broken.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013

Thorn pricks or piece of plants can cause local infections like bacterial and fungal infections.

So you need to be started on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Hence consult with the physician for the prescription.

Hope this helps you better and you will get relieved soon.
Thank you.