Piece from tonsil sticking out, touching the uvula, had bacterial tonsillitis few weeks back. Cancer signs?

Hi, I have a piece of my tonsil sticking out and touching my uvula . I have had tonsillitis for quite a few weeks, initially viral but turned baterial. I am worried now that it might be tonsil cancer , I went to the doctor today who took a swab and said it doesnt look sinister. I am 38, non smoker, non drinker, huge lot of tonsilitis in the past, still have pus on tonsils from tonsillitis but no pain, can you give me an idea as to the likely hood of this being cancer given it is following a cold and tonsillitis? thank you
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012