Phulwari disease, white patch on neck, and hairs portion. Treatment?

My niece has diagnosed with fulwari today. she has a small white patch on he neck and some in her hairs apart portion, we are very worried about her. What should we do?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Dec 2013
I can get from your qiery that your niece is diagnosed with vitiligo or commonly known as fulwari. It is quite a common problem and can be very well treated if treatment is started at the earliest of its starting. You can consult a proper dermatologist who can guide you best regarding the condition. Else you can send me direct query on my address at:
Dermatologist Dr. Geetika Paul's  Response

Vitiligo is a totally treatable condition.
We have many many options available nowadays for different age groups of patients for the treatment of this skin disease.
Your child still has only a single white patch. Since the disease is at such an early stage, so there are very good chances of recovering with proper management.
I would advise you to seek the help of a nearby dermatologist . I am sure that if you start the treatment right away, it will help in complet recovery.

Dr Geetika Paul