Phlegm collection in throat, needs to be cleared frequently. Cure for condition?

Hello I am having throat problems whenever I drink cold water, milk or any cold fluid. Moreover when I talk for extended periods or even when I laugh for a while I sense phlegm getting accumulated in my throat and I have to clear it frequently. So can u suggest what exactly is the problem and what could be the possible cure for that ? Thanks a lot
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

This is a fairly common occurence and nothing to worry about. Since you are more prone to phlegm collecting in your throat, I would suggest that you preferably have only warm fluids to drink, warm tea,warm water, warm food etc.

Don't worry if the phlegm gets accumulated in the throat after laughing etc. It is quite normal.

I hope I have answered your question. Please do get back to me if you have further queries.

Have a great day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan