Phantom gall bladder pain, had it removed earlier. Psychosomatic?

My wife is suffering from phantom gallbladder pain. She had hers removed 35+ years ago, but sometimes still has pain reminiscent of gallbladder pains. This occurs about once every year, or so, and is happening right now and is quite severe. In the past, shes gone to the emergency room where they put her on morphine until it passes. Tests show nothing wrong, but my research shows others with this same problem - just to be told the same thing - that nothing is wrong . Clearly something is and there s no reason to believe it s psychosomatic (sp?). Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012