Persisting white discharge. Took medications for yeast infections. Foul smell with thick discharge. Reason?

I have been dealing with white discharge for several years now. Obyn say nothing is wrong. Ive taking perscription and over the counter yeast medications none of them have worked. Still have white milky and sometime cottage cheese looking. Now i have a sting that comes and go in my lower vargina i also pee all the time. Ive been married to the same man for 10 years.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
May 2013
You better once go for vaginal swab culture and sensitivity.
By this the possible causative organism can be detected and treatment can be given according to sensitivity report.
Meanwhile you can follow measures like:
-Use only luke warm water and mild soap to clean the vagina, avoid antiseptic liquids etc.
-Use cotton inner ware only.
-Change tampon or sanitary pads frequently during periods.
-Both husband and wife should take treatment simultaneously.