Persisting tonsillitis symptoms. Negative strep culture reports. Enlarged tonsils, white line in the throat. Not responding to antibiotics

I have had tonsillitis-like symptoms for 3 months and cannot get rid of them, no matter which anti-biotics I take. Multiple doctors have told me it looks like a bacterial infection , but I have had 2 negative strep culture tests. My tonsils are quite enlarged, and have white crypts. I have a thick white line on the back of my throat as well. I am very confused about what is wrong with me, and am not sure if it is even a bacterial infection as multiple rounds of anti-biotics are not working to get rid of the problem. Any advice?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013