Persisting redness, warmness, itchiness over face, droopy eyelids, swollen area around eyes, had take steroid shot. Cause?

I noticed my face getting red and is hot to the touch. Initially, it was itchy also. I have droopy eye lids and areas around my eyes appear swollen. This condition has been present for 3 days now. It s not a sunburn . I went to the doctor and they gave me a sterroid shot. It went away for 24 hours, but is now back. The doctor also prescribed me Prednisone 5mg/6 day pack. What could my issue be?
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012