Persisting redness, sore lump, swollen and hard vein on the area of IV insertion for UTI. Use the same arm for meth shots. Cause and remedy?

okay so i use street drug meth i have been using off and on for 7 years although was clean for a time period. I was takin to the hospital for an uti . i was givin an iv in the same arm i had been shooting up in. although had not used in a few days. I was givin morphine and antibotics through the iv. the day after i shot up and didnt feel any kind of burn and still got my rush. although the area was within min red and lumped like i had missed. then the next day it became sore and my vein is hard and swollen for about 6 to 7 inches of my arm and is putting heat off. Here we are a week later and it has not improved... what should i do and why did this happen?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012