Persisting redness on the butt crack, taken diflucan, used gold bond body powder. Is it skin infection?

my butt crack has been really red for about 3 weeks now. i went to my gyno and he prescribed 2 rounds of diflucan for a yeast infection of the butt. after about a week, the burning that i had in my crack while showering went down alot, but it was still really red down there. i went back to my gyno and he told me it could be a bad case of chaffing. he just told me to use gold bond body powder and it should help get the redness away. its been 5 days and it still looks pretty red. i want to know what this is-could this be something else like a skin infection? thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012