Persisting pain post core decompression therapy, advised total hip replacement. Other options?

We have a patient in our family suffering from Avascular Necrosis who has already undergone Core decompression therapy . But the pain still persists and upon consultation we have been advised to have a total hip replacement . I got to know about the existence of alternative therapy which would avoid total hip replacement. Would like to assess all options available and wish to choose best possible option.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013