Persisting pain in the middle of the back, difficulty in breathing post a fall, suspicion of harm to the diaphragm. What could it be?

my daughter fell down stairs about 2 years ago and was unable to catch her breath. She saw a chiropractor at that time which helped. She has continued to have pain in middle of back and unable to breath, on and off. This last series has been going on for about 6 mo and has gotten worse and makes herself yawn to be able to breathe. She has seen the chiropractor 6-8 times with no relief. He had his PHysical Therapist see her and thought it might have something to do with the diaphragm. What could that be? Also could it possibly be from a disc problem from the fall?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
dear pt
as complaints you had mentioned seems more likely to be associated with trauma caused 2 yrs back.
physiology to any injured tissue is that any sudden tears is automatically heal with in couple of week.but its not getting in my opinion get screening of MRI OF THORACOLUMBAR establish diagnosis any ailment associated with spine,muscle nerve injury in perfect way

dr sanjay sharma
interventional spine &joint pain physician