Persisting pain in hands & fingers. Had boxers fracture. Undergone physiotherapy. Will it hurt forever?

Hi, I broke my hand on the 2nd February (boxers fracture ) this displaced my knuckle on the little finger , I was told that surgery was not necessary and that it should heal ok, I went back to the Fracture Clinic after 3 weeks and told them that I was still in a lot of pain so he sent me to the Hand Therapy unit for physio, physio gave me lots of exercises which I did religiously and when I went back 2 weeks later was told that I had made such good progress I didn t need to return. I was still in unbearable pain and was still taking pain killers regularly. It has been many months and I am still in pain and my hand still swells regularly, I have been to my GP who told me that I should take painkillers when the pain is bad but that was all. Is there anything I can do? Will it hurt forever?
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012