Persisting pain in face and ear, bitter taste in mouth post apicoectomy, numbness and tingling on face. TMJ issues?

I a root canal a year 2 years ago on back lower molar prior to the root canal I had severe pain in my face and ear. All was well after the root canal for over a year. About 8 months ago I started experiencing the same pain. Denist prescribed antibiotics for residual infection which worked temporarily. About 5 weeks ago I went to an oral surgeon and had an apicoectomy. Once again same severe pain returned. I ended up having the tooth pulled a week ago with the same pain remaining, I also have a bitter taste in my mouth. I go to the dentist regularly and have been told my teeth are in good shape. I cannot take this pain anymore. It feels tender to touch my right side of my face/temple, I have a numbness/tingling sensation as well. Oral surgeon mentioned maybe TMJ issues? Please help. I am a 33 year old female in good health except for my self diagnosis of fibromyalgia ( haven t seen a Dr. but have stiffness and soreness in neck, back, shoulders.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013