Persisting pain and swelling on the leg bitten by snake. Treatment advise?

My brother in the Philippies was bitten by snake in November 2012 and recently emailed me that his leg which was bitten is still painful and swelling . He said he is experiencing fear of water...I never heard of such thing. Do you think is going thru aftershock of could there be still venum in his system. I advised him to go back to see his doctor for follow and also to get tetanus vaccination . Please advise. Thank you. Ofelia YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013