Persisting muscular strain on either side of spinal cord post medicines, X-ray normal. Precautions to avoid recurrence?

Hello sir I am suffering muscular strain in back from thoracic region to lumber on either side of spinal cord . Earlier i did Xray for neck while i was suffering mild pain in lower neck portion and remaining part of back , it showed straight neck and nothing in lower portion, I was given some nerve strengthening and vitamin d3 tablets for two months but i took for a week only as pain was reduced to minimum. Its kind of reduced now but not over completely My height is 5 5 and weight is 74 kgs, and i have desk job. Please sir suggest me ,What precautions shall i take to avoid pain and completely cure it,
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012