Persisting menstruation after child birth. Is it normal?

My baby is 3 months old today and I still bleed on and off. is this ok? i have no pain or anything aside from light cramping at times. No odor either. My husband and I did have intercourse at 3 weeks in and the day before my baby turned six weeks. I had no pain then either. My delivery was vaginal with no complications. Please advise
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Bleeding for 3 months since delivery is not normal and something to be of concern.
First of all get a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy.
Once pregnancy is ruled out get a transvaginal ultrasound to detect any retained products of conception. It is most common cause for prolonged spotting per vagina.
You need to consult your Gynecologist for further work up.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer