Persisting fever for a one year old. Not eating and drinking. Prescribed with amoxicillin for ear infection. Should I be concerned about any other problems?

My almost 1 year old has had a fever for about 4 days- it stays around 100.5 even with tylenol and motrin. She has 5-6 episodes a day in which she trembles, has goosebumps all over, and her hands and feet feel like ice even though her fever spikes and her skin feels terribly hot. She is barely eating or drinking. She has had less than 20 oz of fluid a day for the last 4 days. She is napping for about 6 hours each day and wants to be held constantly. The pediatrician said it is an ear infection in both ears and prescribed amoxicillin . I am trying to trust the doctor, but I feel like it may be something more serious.
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013