Persisting fever during typhoid treatment, advised stopping all antibiotics. Suggestion?

my son 6yrs(30 kgs) old is suffering from fever since 4th june, with positive typhoid on 8th where the the symptoms were fever 102 with shivering The pediatrician prescribed zifi 200 and azithral 500, temp was not coming down crocin was must on 8th july Now he shifted to injectble Monocef 1.5 gms twice a day for 8 days with azitral 500 and oflacin 200 twice a day- 11th july Temp came down to 100.4 to 98 () fluctuations but not below that then he again shifted to zifi 200, oflacin 200 and his foreseen action was oflacin injections I took an opinion from a senior pediatrician quiet well known , he said stop all antibiotics now the child is suffering because of antibiotics, The child is fine and active but the temp is fluctuating from 99.5 to 100, without antibiotics for the past three days Please suggest
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012