Persisting, excessive eye blinking, had it earlier followed by stye. Taking antibiotics, warm compresses, no improvement. Cause?

My 5yo began blinking excessively a little over a week ago- 3 days later a stye showed up. I took h to the opthamologist who prescribed some drops and advised to do warm compresses etc. it is now 6 days on antibiotics and he still has the blinking issue... I m concerned that this is not related to the stye...??? and that it should have shown some improvent by now
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As from your history he had stye also called as exrternal hordeolum. This is commonly seen in children who are exposed to dust, who frequnetly rub their eyes.
The symptoms you have mentioned here are because of stye and since he is already on treatment you can continue the same treatment and attend the follow up. Usually stye will take upto one week to resond.
Thank you