Persisting darkness in crotch area post treatment of erythrasma. Normal?

I had erythrasma over half a year ago, and I was too embarrassed to have a doctor check my crotch area, so I bought some medications (fusidic acid, miconazole, erythromicin, clarithromicin) and was able to stop the infection. The skin stopped itching, and the discoloration stopped spreading, but it s been months now and the skin in the affected area is still very dark. Is this normal? How soon can I expect my skin to return it its normal color? Is there something I can do to help speed it up? I d greatly appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013